2. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we use Google Analytics to collect anonymous information about your device (such as mobile phone or desktop device), including:
– data about your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Read more about how Google uses your Personal Information: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
Additionally when you submit a donation, request us to send an email campaign letter on your behalf, or submit a victim’s story through the Site, we collect certain information from you.
– For donations, we collect your name, the payment method of PayPal (stored solely as the text word “Paypal”, and email address. We refer to this as “Donation Information.”
– For email campaigns, we collect an email address. We refer to this as “Email Campaign Information.”
– For victim’s stories, we collect an optional name, an email address, and provide the opportunity for people to tell their story. We refer to this as “Victim Story Information.”
3. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
“Donation Information”: We use this to fulfill the donation placed through the Site (including processing your payment information and providing you with a donation confirmation). We will use it to re-issue receipts upon request.
“Email Campaign Information”: We use this to send on your behalf the campaign email letter that you have requested us to by making the submission. Your email address will never be used for any other purpose – it will not be added to any mailing list including our own nor will it ever be passed in any form for any reason to any third party.
“Victim Story Information”: We use this information to publish accounts of pit bull victims on our web page. Additionally, we use this Story information to:
– Publish testaments on our Facebook page;
– Use anonymous quotes to inform and educate the general public, politicians and medical authorities about the dangers of pit bulls;
– Use the email address to communicate with you if we need to clarify any details about your story. It will not be added to any mailing list including our own.
Stories will be screened for potential issues such as fraud and libel before release and may be edited for legal reasons, or brevity, or to help protect your privacy further.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our users browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our promotional campaigns).
4. SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will share stories publicly as indicated above. By submitting a story, you are asking us to and agreeing that we can publish and share your story. The public sharing will have the optional name or nickname you provided, year of attack, general setting and location of attack, and year. No other information from the form submitted will be shared publicly. No email address submitted will EVER be shared publicly, or in any mailing list. If you have agreed that media can contact you to help you tell your story more broadly, then we will share the contact method you provided with them.
5. DATA RETENTION
Donation information is retained to meet legal financial auditing obligations.
When you place an email campaign letter through the Site, your email address is retained for a time solely for the purpose of aggregate counting with any identifying information (i.e. the email address) stripped out. Email address “signatures” will be purged from time to time as the campaigns are deemed stale as we have no use for them.
Story information submitted will be maintained unless and until you ask us to delete this information. Email addresses will not be added to any mailing list. Please note that upon the reception of deletion requests, all we can do is delete it from the page of our website. We cannot delete or recall story information that has already been widely published and reshared through our Facebook page, or delete it from educational graphics, videos, compilations or research uses that we may have done and released incorporating that information.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18 years.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com