National Pit Bull Victim Awareness seeks to inform the general public about the pit bull crisis in the United States and Canada, and to increase public awareness of the potential danger of pit bull-type dogs. NPBVA advocates for responsible dog ownership for all breeds, with a primary focus on pit bull type dogs. We recognize pit bulls are victims as well, and advocate for mandatory spay-neutering.
Learn more about our mission
WHAT WE DO
- Support breed-specific legislation
- Correspond with the media to provide information and statistics
- Maintain a Facebook page to track attacks reported in the news, monitor Facebook comments, and reply to questions
- Provide and update a database of attacks in the media on our website since 2015, searchable by keywords and location
- Provide updated lists of deaths by name and location
- List medical articles published in refereed journals since 2014
- Archive articles in the media
- Create and support email letter campaigns to legislators in the USA and Canada
Help support our educational and awareness efforts with your donation. Please note you will not receive a tax receipt. Your contribution directly supports our work.
Select an amount below. When you click “DONATE” at the bottom, you will be taken to Paypal to complete the process. You will receive a receipt from Paypal after completing the transaction. Thank you again for your support.